Privacy and confidentiality are a critical part of our Services. We take seriously how we collect, store and process your personal data. In line with our values, we want to be an engaged global community that shares ideas, experiences and networks. We treat your Personal Data seriously and make every effort to comply with our obligations under applicable privacy statutes.
By registering, you agree to allow Discount One to send you promotional materials and newsletters in accordance with “The Digital Personal Data Protection Bill, 2023” in India.
1. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- A. Personal Data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
- B. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
– Identity Data includes first name, last name, username, date of birth, gender or similar identifier.
– Contact Data includes email address.
– User IDs
– Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
– Profile Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences.
– Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, the Discount One and the Services.
– Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- D. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- E. This is how we use personal data:
– Personalize your experience on our website.
– Understand how you interact with our website and improve its functionality.
– Provide relevant advertising to you.
– Analyze website traffic and usage patterns.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
- A. We collect Personal Data directly from you when you register for an account, when you populate your profile screen.
- B. Once you register with us and sign in to our Services, you are not anonymous to us.
- C. As you interact with our website and the Discount One – Deals & Coupons, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
- A. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We will, most commonly, use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
– Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
– Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- B. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- C. We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
- D. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
– Personal Data and other details about you that you supply as part of the registration process or that are collected by us when you use the Services are used to provide you with the Services and information as set out in our Terms and Conditions. We will not use that information for any purpose other than as set out as part of the Services. Processing your Personal Data in this way is in the performance of a contract with you.
– We use information for general purposes to fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you and conduct research. Processing your Personal Data is necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated, to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business).
– We use Technical Data to administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data). This is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, network security, to prevent fraud) and to comply with our legal obligations.
- E. We reserve the right to send you certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages and other communications relating to our Service, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Your rights to opt-out of other types of communications will be unaffected.
- F. We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us.
- G. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
- H. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
- I. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- J. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- K. Why We Collect Information
– Improving User Experience: Collected information helps us enhance and personalize your experience within the App.
– Analytics: We utilize Google Analytics to analyze user interactions and improve the functionality and user interfaces of the App.
– Purpose: Google Analytics helps us understand how users engage with the App, providing insights into user behavior, preferences, and areas for improvement.
– Information Collected: Google Analytics may collect information such as your device type, operating system, browser type, and interactions with the App.
– Google’s Policies: For more information on Google Analytics and how it handles data, please refer to Google Privacy & Terms.
– Purpose: The App integrates Facebook SDK solely for analytical purposes, aiming to gain insights into user engagement and interaction with the App.
– Information Collected: Facebook SDK may collect data related to your interaction with the App, assisting us in understanding user behavior and preferences for analytical purposes.
– Limited Scope: It’s important to note that while Facebook SDK is utilized for analytics, the App does not access or collect information from your Facebook profile, such as your name, profile picture, or friend list.
– Facebook’s Policies: For a comprehensive understanding of how Facebook SDK handles data, please review Facebook Data Policy.
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- A. The Personal Data you shared with us during registration, will not be displayed to other users of the platform.
- B. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Data about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances.
- A. Responding to court orders, legal process, or to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply;
- C. We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. EDIT AND DELETE YOUR INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
- A. You can edit your profile page Personal Data at any time.
- B. We will endeavor to correct any material error in your Personal Data that you make us aware of.
- C. You may delete your account by emailing us at [email protected], verifying your password once more and confirming your choice to terminate the account. We may, however, retain certain aspects of your account and other Personal Data for the purposes of maintaining records of our dealings with you, analysis and/or statistics.
- D. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
- G. Please note that it may take up to 60 days to delete data stored in backup systems.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- A. Your Personal Data is stored in electronic and physical records maintained by us and / or our service providers.
- B. The security of all personally identifiable information associated with you is taken very seriously and all Personal Data supplied is treated confidentially. We therefore have several security measures in place to try to protect against the loss, unauthorized use and corruption of any Personal Data that is under our control. We review our security and privacy policies regularly and improve them where it is reasonably possible to do so. We do not guarantee that loss, unauthorized use, corruption and/or alteration of information will never occur, but we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
- C. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- D. Please note that the input of data over the internet is never fully secure. We cannot, therefore, guarantee the security of data you submit via the app in transit over the internet and any such submission is at entirely your own risk.
- E. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. EXTERNAL LINKS
- A. If you follow a link to any external web links mentioned throughout the Application, please note that we do not control these external websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- A. We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your Personal Data we will notify you by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account. However, you should review this policy on a regular basis to check for any changes made to it.